Health Care Donors
A NATIONAL HEALTH ADVOCY ORGANIZATION RESEARCH PROJECT OF MEMBERS, DONORS, AND LIKELY VOTERS
A well respected national health advocacy organization had strongly supported the Affordable Care Act, and needed to develop a communication and policy agenda that aligned their goals with that of their activists, donors, the general public, and policy makers.
GSSG was retained to:
· Determine awareness of the organization’s policy positions by all audiences
· Understand the impact their positions would likely have on current donors and activists
· Develop a communications strategy to increase current donors and activists involvement in the organization while recruiting new donors and activists.
· GSSG conducted a national survey of 800 likely voters with additional oversamples in key targeted geographies.
· GSSG also conducted a survey of 600 members of the organization, divided evenly between activists and donors.
· GSSG then conducted a comprehensive analysis of the results to find commonalities and differences between the various audiences and motivations behind their views and behaviors, enabling us to develop detailed recommendations for the organization.
· While the three groups had divergent views on ACA, GSSG found areas of alignment and developed a message matrix that would allow the organization to have a non-partisan, neutral arbiter roll in the health care policy debate.
· The organization was able to refine its advocacy agenda to appeal to a broader portion of the electorate and recruit new donors, while maintaining strong support from its current activists and donors.